Who is Philsteel and what are the companies under the Philsteel Group?
Philsteel Holdings Corporation is behind pioneering steel manufacturing companies — Steel Corporation of the Philippines, Philmetal Products, Inc., and Premier Shelter Products, Inc.— that deliver supremely global and proudly local brands including GALVALUME55® , COLORBOND® and GALVABOND®.
Since 1979, the Philsteel Group of Companies has been in the frontline of the country’s struggle towards the development and modernization of the iron and steel industry.
It is the only Filipino steel company that has been recognized by international award-giving bodies for product excellence, including:
- 1988 – International Asia Award for Quality (Hong Kong)
- 1989 – International Asia Award for Quality (London)
- 2014 – Gold Award for Product Excellence, Quality Summit Award (New York)
On its milestone year, the Philsteel Group of Companies continues its pioneering efforts to raise the quality of roofing and building materials in the Philippines to be at par with the world’s best.
In 2018, the Philsteel Group of Companies employs over 650 employees in its main offices in Makati, manufacturing plants and regional offices all over the Philippines.
What are the products manufactured by the Philsteel group of companies?
The Philsteel Group of Companies is behind supremely global and proudly local brands including GALVALUME55®, COLORBOND® and GALVABOND®.
In 1981, Philsteel notched a milestone in the Philippine construction industry with the introduction of GALVABOND®, which offers world-class lock-forming quality, excellent coating adhesion, superior corrosion resistance, weldability and formability.
In 1999, Philsteel pioneered the introduction of roofing technologies in the Philippines using patented, cutting edge technologies, becoming a trailblazer when it introduced GALVALUME55®, the first locally produced 55% AL/ZN coated steel sheet that provides superior roofing protection for Filipinos.
Under the helm of Philsteel Holdings Corporation, Steel Corporation of the Philippines manufactures GALVALUME55® and GALVABOND® PURE ZINC in its continuous galvanizing plant located in Balayan, Batangas.
COLORBOND® was among the first pre-painted metal roofing products in the Philippines. With the breakthrough success of GALVALUME55®, Philsteel began using 100% genuine GALVALUME55® as substrate for all COLORBOND® pre-painted roof profiles in 1999.
These core products were utilized to expand into a variety of roofing profiles that the Philsteel Group of Companies currently offers. COLORBOND® with various roof profiles are manufactured in roll forming plants located in Bulacan; Carmona, Cavite and regional plants located nationwide.
Aside from its products, what services does the Philsteel companies offer?
Through its subsidiary - Philmetal, the following services are offered:
- Structural Design Services – provides appropriate design needs of the customer in the structural analysis of metal decking design, metal roof rainfall capacity rates, and metal roof wind-up lift calculation. The Structural and Technical Design group provides professionally drawn shop drawings and detailing works.
- Project Cost Estimate Services- Provides free and reliable project cost estimates. Staffed with professionally-trained engineers and architects who are highly specialized in roof coverings, fascia, cladding, and metal decking, the team conducts quantity take-offs from plans and actual measurements using the latest estimating software.
- Bending Services – Offers bending services to any desired shape or specification. Equipped with bending facilities that can service any base metal material from a thickness range of 0.30 mm to 1.6 mm of 2.44m, 3.66m, and up to 6.0m length of different shapes both for light and heavy gauges.
- Installation Services – provides expert professional services in the specialized field of metal roof, fascia, cladding, ceiling panels and metal decking installation. Installation teams are headed by a highly-trained licensed engineer or architect, depending on the installation requirements. Conducts actual measurement on-site and provides a one-year warranty on completed jobs from the date of substantial completion.
- Slitting Services – Equipped with an automatic uncoiler and recoiler, the slitting line can slit coils with thickness ranging from 0.30mm to 2.00mm into minimum widths of up to 50mm.
- Shearing Services – The shearing line can cut flat steel and coated steel materials with thickness ranging from 0.30mm to 2.00 mm.
What are the advantages of using metal/steel roofing materials compared to others?
Metal roofing is sustainable and better for the environment because steel is fully recyclable. It is also easier to clean and has a longer lifespan than other materials that offer the same aesthetics. As a roofing material, metal can also carry more color options than other types of roofing materials. Because it is pre-painted, it serves a longer life than manually-painted materials.
What makes COLORBOND® different from other pre-painted roofing materials?
Philsteel’s COLORBOND® is a superior pre-painted GALVALUME55® steel strip. It is produced through a continuous color-coating process under strict quality control to ensure a complete metal to paint bond.
COLORBOND pre-painted roof profiles are factory-painted roofing materials that are made using 100% genuine GALVALUME55® as a substrate.
Roof durability is reinforced with the dual layers of paint (finished and primer) top and bottom coats that provide additional corrosion protection and longer lasting color and shine.
Why is METAL CLADDING superior over conventional cladding?
Conventional cladding used wood and cement boards to provide fascia ceiling and sidings needs. Metal cladding is a better option that offers pest-free, rust-free and fire-resistant fascia, ceiling and siding. Metal cladding provides beauty and durability that lasts years of usage. Metal is also the most sensible and economical alternative to wood, concrete, gypsum and mineral fiber boards.
The companies under Philsteel Holdings — Philmetal and Premier Shelter – offer this global class metal cladding under the trademarks of Versa Clad, EZ Clad and Panel Rib.
What is STEELDEK and what is it used for?
Steeldek is a structural metal decking profile used to support concrete flooring and recommended for high-rise buildings and infrastructural bridge decking.
The advantage of using Steeldek is the significant 30% savings on concrete, rebars, time and manpower during installation. Also, cement pouring can be done without any propping support so that people and moving traffic can still continue their work underneath.
Made from Philsteel’s Galvabond® Pure Zinc, Steeldek comes in several product categories:
- Steeldek I - ideal for commercial, industrial, mass housing and high-rise structures
- Steeldek II – Ideal for residential use
- Steeldek III - Ideal for Industrial and high-rise structures
- Steeldek IV – Ideal for Infrastructure and Industrial use. The only decking profile utilized for the Skyway project.
What are the various roofing profiles that the Philsteel Group of companies is offering, and what is the recommended usage of each roof profile?
- Rib-type – a basic economical roof profile that still offers beauty. Available in SPANDEK 1220, SPANDEK 915 and DURAWIDE 915
- Duo-rib – the beauty and economy of a rib profile with the strength of a dual rib— SUPER V CRIMP.
- Corrugated – provides beauty, economy and strength. This comes in STANCORR 1220, STANCORR 915, ECONOCORR 1220 and ORDINARY CORR 915. The difference in each profile lies in the rib height.
- Tile effect – Beauty and economy in a tile-effect look. This comes in RUSKO, TIARA, SIENA and STEEL TILE. You can select the unique tile-effect to complement the house motif you have in mind.
- Anti-leak – Also called concealed fastening roofs (CFR), the anti-leak roof profiles were developed using a breakthrough system in which the fastening of the roof is done by a clip or a bracelet with no pierce fastening screws directly holding down the roofing panel. These come in the trademarks of KLIPLOK, CRIMPLOK 407, CRIMPLOK 610 and FLEXICRIMP.
- V-profile – These profiles allow roof installation at almost zero slope or flat surface. The deep ribs on these roof profiles permit flow of rainfall smoothly without having to slant the roof. These come in 100mm and 75mm rib heights and are available under the name MEGADEK 100, MEGADEK 75, and SUPER V DEK1220.
Where can I buy these products?
HERE ARE THE CONTACT NUMBERS:
Makati Office: (02) 8813-8382/0999-8871432
Carmona Plant and Sales Office: Blk 1. Lot 4 Technology Avenue, People’s Technology Complex, Carmona, Cavite
Direct Line (046) 430-2058;
Mobile: +63 999-8871432
Bulacan Plant and Sales Office: Bulacan Agro Industrial Subdivision Pio Cruz Cosa, Calumpit, Bulacan Tel. No. (02) 8813-8382
Mobile: +63 999-8871432
Cabanatuan Sales Office: Unit 3 VMJ Building, Purok 7, Bgy. San Juan ACCFA, Maharlika Highway, Cabanatuan City, Nueva Ecija Tel No. (044) 463-1752
Mobile: +63 999-8871432
Pampanga Sales Office: Door 1, JHT Bldg. Villa Julita Subd., MacArthur Highway, Bgy. Saguin, City of San Fernando Tel No. (045) 455-2701
Mobile: +63 999-8871432
Lucena Sales Office: 1807 Quezon Avenue, Bgy. Gulang Gulang, Lucena City Tel No. (042) 710-0866
Mobile: +63 999-8871432
Cebu Plant and Sales Office: Sitio Oregano, Lawaan II, Lower Mohon Talisay City, Cebu
Tel.No. (032) 253-3774 / 491-5547
Cebu: Arcade B, Capitol Commercial Complex, N. Escario St., Cebu City
Tel.No. (032) 253-5774
CDO Branch: Mobile: +63918-9057986 / +63917-3209075 / +63918-9155901 / +63917-6002327
Iloilo Plant: Tel.No. (033)336-2420 / (033)336-2412 / 509-0474 Mobile: +63917-6224227 / +63917-7036227 / +63917-3025227 +63947-9960720 / +63947-9960721 / +63999-2286978 <
Bacolod Plant: Tel.No. (034)434-8272 / (034)509-0474
Mobile: +63917-6224227 / +63917-3031680
Pagadian Sales Office: Mobile: +63995-3270409
Davao Branch: Mobile: +63918-9158964 / +63948-4027451 / +63918-9048589
Zamboanga Branch: Tel.No: (065)991-1747 / 991-5585