COLORBOND® pre-painted roof profiles are factory-painted roofing materials that are made using 100% genuine GALVALUME55® as a substrate.
Unlike GI sheets with only zinc coating, GALVALUME55® coating is composed of 55% Aluminum, 43.5% Zinc and 1.5% Silicon. This composition provides superior roofing protection including:
- Superior rust protection – GALVALUME55® roofing sheet provides 3 to 6x longer protection against rust compared to ordinary GI giving the customer a longer service life for his roof.
- High heat reflectivity – GALVALUME55® roofing sheet has superior reflectance of the sun’s heat, allowing a cooler environment inside the house, greatly reducing the cost of electricity.
- Long-span metal roofing that has been pre-painted resists corrosion better than GI sheet roofing that has not been painted. If you need a roof, pre-painted ones are better to use because they prevent certain problems like rust.
Available in these colors
*Note: Actual colors may vary slightly, due to different device screen settings, the lighting in the installation location, and other factors.
Why Choose COLORBOND®
Pre-painted metal roofs offer the following advantages:
- COLORBOND® Pre-painted roofs can make buildings more comfortable and reduce energy used for air conditioning.
- COLORBOND® Pre-painted roofs are eye catchers, they have an impressive, elegant appearance and they brighten up your environment!
- Although the initial cost of metal roof systems may be higher than ordinary GIs, the cost/benefit ratio over the roof’s life is superior. And, when the finish eventually deteriorates over many years, it is often possible to repaint metal roofing instead of replacing the panels.
- COLORBOND® Pre-painted roofing system is virtually maintenance-free
- COLORBOND® Pre-painted roofing system do not warp, split or crack
- Properly installed, pre-painted metal roofing systems withstand all inclement weather better than any other roofing material
- COLORBOND® Pre-painted roofs do not absorb water whereas other materials that are causing cracking and rotting during the sun-rain cycles
In testing, COLORBOND® roof systems have withstood winds up to 200 mph (= 300 km/h). Its light weight often allows coated metal roofing to be installed over existing roofs top, providing significant savings of time and labour.